Wednesday, February 23, 2011

12 for the Morning...

So this morning, I'm running with Eric in temperatures that give me an ice cream headache just from breathing, and trying really hard to pretend that everything is cool and normal between us when actually it's still kind of weird and I don't really know what to do about it...

Anyway.  I don't know why I'm seeing so many weird things to do with dogs right now, I'm not even that much of a dog person (don't shoot me, everyone thinks that people who aren't crazy about dogs must be evil serial killers or something and I swear I'm not, I just like only being licked or sniffed when I give permission).

So, we're jogging along and I ask if we can stop for a little breather and he agrees.  We stop right by two moms with strollers (kids in them, not dogs) and the moms are chatting away happily and the kids are gurgling or doing whatever tiny Swedes do, and each of them have a little yappy purse-dog on a leash.  And the dogs are totally doing it.  And obviously the kids don't care and the moms don't seem to notice, so they have their chat and the kids gurgle and the dogs have a pretty good time.  The the one mom decides she has to go, so she yanks boy dog off and starts walking and girl dog is clearly like THANK YOU and she leaps right into the stroller and sits there like 'phew'.  And the mom with boy dog has to carry him under her arm while he thrashes about barking with the kind of anger you'd expect from anyone who'd just been seriously you-know-what-blocked except he could fit in the palm of my hand so the fury isn't quite as intimidating as you get the impression he thinks.  Girl dog has gone to sleep by this point in the other stroller.

And Eric and I are laughing our asses off like 12 year olds.  We tried to start running again, but we were laughing so hard our legs were weak (well mine were partly from the work out but he doesn't need to know that) so we would have to stop and crack up.  I think the tension is broken between us...

No comments: