Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sun Party

Here is an upside of the long, dark, cold-doesn't-even-begin-to-cut-it-and-I'm-from-Ohio winter: when the sun starts to peek out in the spring, it's party time.

The last few weeks when I have been grocery shopping or running (more on that later) or rockstar detectiving (more on that later), I've been thinking that there is some kind of street party going on in Medborgarplatsen.   Because it's been chock full of people just hanging out, even on weekdays.  I'm an outdoorsy girl and I can totally understand that feeling of, omygoditssunnygetoutside!, so it's fun to see everybody else do that!

Because it's everybody.  Teenagers hanging about in packs, moms with pushchairs, old men (one smoking one of those long curvy pipes, another playing a guitar... I think they live there actually) quite a few younger men who are quite easy on the old eyes! 

Apparently Medborgarplatsen means "Civic Square" so I guess that makes sense.  It definitely makes grocery shopping more fun!

2 comments:

Anna - Swaussie said...

Hi
How nice to find another foreigner in Sweden. It’s so interesting to read about how other people perceive Sweden. I’m Swedish myself and live in Sweden with my Aussie boyfriend. We collect links in our blog to other blogging expats and I’ve added your blog to the list, hope that’s ok.

http://swaussie.blogg.se/2011/march/expats-in-sweden.html

I’ll be sure to check back for more blog updates.
Have a great day!

OhioGirl said...

Sure it is - thanks so much! Will check out some of yours too...